In my college days, I used to dream about my forthcoming professional life and always believed them to become the best phase of my life. But now as I m into my much awaited proffessional life, what i miss most is my college days, and I now know that those gone days will always remain best part of my life.
I am a touch more luckier than others as I got oppurtunity to experience the two totally different college life, Diploma and Engineering. Its very tough to judge which was better as I enjoyed both the lives very much. Found lots of good friends.
Diploma life was totally "tapori" life and engg life was little bit professional. U know a lot about my engg college life, but I will tell some thing about my Diploma group. We were 11 Dashing up-downer boys from Dewas to Ujjain, but not for attending college only roaming in Ujjain. In that, we were 5 in group before second counselling. Ghanu (The action hero, always ready to fight with any one, I escaped lots of time from ragging due to him), Panday (We use to call him as advocate of group, He can argue with anyone, about any issue. Actually he drived our group for whole 3 years). Vikas Patel (We call him "Limer", typical farzi dude, always do very strange activities). Diraj (A cute and adorable boy in our group) and myself (I think, I dont require any explanation).
I want to share one of the most memorable day of my life which I enjoyed very much. I dont remember the exact date, but in 1996, 1 sem, just bunked from college, to escape from raggaing, roaming in the middle of city (Gopal Madir area where a lot of marrige halls are situated). All 5 guys were feeling hungry. No one wants to move a bit without having any thing. But you know the college problem, no money at that time. So we were thinking a bit about that.
In between that Patel saw a barat, passing from next street. He told us to follow him. Panday asked why?? patel: "oyeeee nachenge and khayenge". Dalal: "oye maaar nahi khani". Patel:"are diru chal na be and dekh mera kamal". After all we decided to follow Patel. First Patel entered into the barat and start dancing with the boys. We were watching him for couple of minutes. He was only gud barati dancer at that moment. He made some fan for his dance in that barat in just couple of minutes. After 2-3 minutes, he convinced 1-2 guys to pull me and Diraj also in dance. I was totally amazed on wats going on, How they are pulling us for the dance, they even dont know anything about us???". but then also I was enjoying the situation and start dancing with Patel. You will not believe, it was my first dance but not in any relative or friends marrige, "Ek farzi shaadi". we 3 danced app 15 mins and then try to pull Panday and Ghanu also for dance. They also joined us.
I was totally amazed, no one knows us, still we were dancing in barat. Peoples in barat started to pull us back, if any one tried to go for break. It was very enjoyable moment between Tasse (a kind of band, where 5-6 guys holding big drums and form a circle and beat them with their whole power). We danced with the Tasse appo 1 and half hours. In between that Patel also got 2-3 pegs and some snacks from the barati boys. I was totally amazed how he was managing that. I asked him, "he told, he will explain later".
After that barat reached to marrige hall, where a band and peoples were waiting for us. Bride's brothers just come closure to groom and tried to take him for marrige, but suddenly Patel againg came in picture and stopped them and asked for "Dulhe ke Dosto ka Nek" and started dance again. All the barati boys were supported us and started dance with us. Here Patel perform extra-ordinary. He played "Nagine Dance" and some very new moves for us. We rest 4 just supporting him and rest of boys just enjoying the situation and started dancing after couple of minutes.
Bride's father was requisting Patel to allow the groom in. But Patel was asking for Nek (1000rs). All the boys were supporting him. After 1 hour, Bride's father came and agreed on 500 rs. Patel took this 500 rs. Barati guys were asking their share, he told "Oye bad me baat lenge, koi baga thode hi ja raha hu". At last we stopped dancing and reached inside.
Now all the baraties were moving toward Mandap and we were searching for food and tried to go out as quickly as possible so that no one recognize us. At last in next to next hall we found the party place. Then we just attacked the food. In the hall only, we 5 and caterers' workers were present. All the baraties were busy in marrige ceremony but we were busy in having food. After finishing gud food, we just came out in just 20-25 mins. All the incident of the day was flashing in my mind at that time, we laughed a lot in near by garden on this incident.
At last, I asked wat Patel told to barati boys. Patel introduced us as collegue of Dulha. I asked "Zandu baam pakde jate to joote padte".Patel: "oye kuch nahi hota, pahchane jate to koi dance ke liye bhi gusne nahi deta".I thought for a while and convinced, he was correct.Then I asked "why he asked for money??".Patel: abe party ka jugad ho gaya.I: "pakde jate to??"Patel: I already spoke with some barati boys regarding that.
So it was my first Dance and farzi party in Ujjain. After that we regularly had farzi parties, but not like that. Ohh we also had 500 rs, we had gud party with that....

2 Comments:
Haha! Nice one for the start. Expecting few more....
That's a good one...
come on...unwind some more memories!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home